I am feeling more than a little bereft over finishing Harry Potter. Book 7 is everything I hoped for (in a very general sort of way – no specifics as Telfer will not appreciate them).
How I am Coping:
- My Harry Potter books needed owl bookends. The books looked so lonely without bookends propping them up on the overcrowded shelf. A trip to Barnes and Noble.
- Called Alyssa (who isn’t a fan) and wept a bit about feeling like a parent to Harry. I don’t think she was impressed.
- Set up a Harry phone date with Missy for tomorrow night.
- Sent in an entry to LibraryThing’s Harry Potter Book Pile Contest. Picture me, alone, in my back yard with all my Harry paraphernalia, taking pictures when our renter and two of her friends that I do not know walk through the gate. Yes, I am the crazy landlord.
- Looking up the name Hermione in the Baby Name Wizard (very addictive baby name web site) to see how popular it is. It’s not popular? Hmm…how much will a theoretical, unborn daughter hate me if I name her Hermione?