How is it November 12? I know, I can’t believe it either. What we have been up to so far this month:
- Trip to Richland. I missed my mom & dad badly and a weekend at home was just what I needed, especially since the holidays are looming and I probably won’t see them Thanksgiving or Christmas. Mom and I managed to keep my little trip as a surprise for my dad. He was on a ladder when we pulled up in the driveway and thankfully did not tip over.
- Seasons: When I lived in Eastern Washington I did not appreciate its unique beauty. Every time I am home, I am awed by the beauty of the seasons.
- Cute Little Things: These little pilgrims were my grandmother’s and I adore them. My mom rescued this globe (below) from work just for me. It loves my house. Thanks Mom & Grandma!
- Best Friend Time: on a mini-layover in Portland, I got picked up and taken to dinner by RaChelle. A 2.5 hour talkfest.
- Husband Time: This last weekend was the first weekend since we got back from Europe (in September) that Telfer and I spent together doing normal things. I feel so much better.
- Reading: The Silver Swan, the new Benjamin Black mystery, not out until March. I love being a Library Journal Reviewer.
- Watching: Everyone, watch Friday Night Lights. It’s as good as television gets. Also, highly recommend The Lives of Others (winner of last year’s Oscar for best Foreign Language Film). Oh, and we went to see Dan in Real Life on Friday night – it’s sweet AND I could actually watch Steve Carell without being overwhelmed by his Michael Scott-ness.