Definition of this Week.
The nitty gritty details are inconsequential at this point but here's the gist: at the beginning of the week, we thought there was a strong possibility of me traveling home before Jane is born. And now, there's really no possibility – I am definitely staying here in the hospital until I have a scheduled c-section. As you can imagine, a lot of up-and-down emotional stuff this week.
But! Here a few good things (I feel like Martha Stewart):
- 30 weeks today. The next big milestone is 32 weeks – big brain stuff happening in the next two weeks.
- Telfer is taking a red-eye tonight and will be here early tomorrow morning for the weekend. Hoping to get a bagel out of the visit. I cannot wait to see him. I just wish there was an easier way of getting a 22-month old across the country…
- I had an ultrasound yesterday morning and Jane weighs almost 3 lbs. already. My placenta issues are definitely not affecting her growth. Wonderful news. Also got a good look at this kid's face. I am telling you: this is another cute kid.
- Cate and Elizabeth are getting along splendidly and I am so thankful. Elizabeth actually got Cate to eat the following in one day: cherries, grapes and carrots. This girl doesn't like to try new things so this is nothing short of a miracle. Love it.
- The mail room here has been stock-piling my mail (interesting) but I guess it finally reached critical mass because I got a huge delivery of cards and a couple of packages. I really needed it yesterday too. Thank you for praying for us and for your kind words and pictures and items.