Originally uploaded by telfandrea.
So, I have been on maternity leave for the last week and a bit and so far no baby, but I have been amusing myself very successfully by:
- hanging this actual, received-in-the-mail postcard on our refrigerator and giggling every time I pass
- watching the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin & Amy Poehler/Hillary Clinton sketch on SNL about fifteen times, not so much giggling as crying with laughter
- reading a lot (in the hammock when it's not too hot)
- making three different soup recipes to freeze for later (all with homemade stock – overachiever)
- completing necessary things like getting our car (not vacuum unfortunately) serviced
- a pedicure (later today)
All in all, very good times. We are now hoping she'll hold out until Monday at about 9:00 a.m. so Telfer can finish up his night call this weekend…Sounds reasonable, no?
3 thoughts on “Just hanging out”
We are SO excited! Who sent you the postcard? That is too funny… We are praying for baby Cate and you and can’t wait to hear that you are in labor! Sending much love!
Exciting times! It isn’t long now!
alyssa, the postcard is from a real, live vacuum repair shop in our area…it’s so not a joke.