So, I have been on maternity leave for the last week and a bit and so far no baby, but I have been amusing myself very successfully by:
- hanging this actual, received-in-the-mail postcard on our refrigerator and giggling every time I pass
- watching the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin & Amy Poehler/Hillary Clinton sketch on SNL about fifteen times, not so much giggling as crying with laughter
- reading a lot (in the hammock when it's not too hot)
- making three different soup recipes to freeze for later (all with homemade stock – overachiever)
- completing necessary things like getting our car (not vacuum unfortunately) serviced
- a pedicure (later today)
All in all, very good times. We are now hoping she'll hold out until Monday at about 9:00 a.m. so Telfer can finish up his night call this weekend…Sounds reasonable, no?