And then in stark contrast, things are jumping in Olympia.
- At 30 years old, Telfer starts his first real job today. So happy for him!
- Cate is settling in well with Elizabeth and Grammy Mendy as primary caregivers. She has even made the transition to one nap this last week.
- We have been using Skype and it is SO GOOD to see her little face. She is happy to see me, gives kisses to the camera, but seems not to be at all traumatized.
- Mom & Dad (and Telfer up until today) have been working hard on our house, trying to get the downstairs ready for inhabitation. They have stripped wallpaper, washed and sanded woodwork, put up paintable wallpaper in the entry, living room and dining room, painted wallpaper and woodwork, primed and painted kitchen cabinets and really, who knows what else. My parents are the hardest workers.
- Telfer and I always knew this of course, but I think we have pretty amazing families.