electric tea kettle
Originally uploaded by telfandrea.
FIVE good, if a little random, things:
- I bought an electric tea kettle so I can have tea in my room. I feel so clever!
- Purchase proves that Amazon will deliver to my hospital room.
- Reading an article in this week's New Yorker on North Korea. Would rather be in the hospital than live in North Korea.
- Eleanor is bringing me a salad tonight from the salad bar at Whole Foods.
- I got a pedicure about a week before "the incident." Have spent an inordinate amount of time looking at my feet, thinking, "I am SO glad I got that pedicure."
7 thoughts on “On the bright side”
Andrea, you are just toooo funny! I love your wit, always have, and now even moreso that you can be witty under these trying circumstances! I agree about N. Korea for sure.
I just noticed you are reading “Paris to the Moon”–it is possibly next on my reading list (which is all about France this summer). What do you think? Good? Should I wait until later?
I am keeping you in my prayers! What a wonderful attitude you have under trying circumstances.
YAY for a tea kettle! It is the little things that make all the difference.
I had been thinking the other day, “I wonder if she can get a pedicure while in the hospital?” V. glad you have nice feet to look at. By the way, I think I still have a certain “part” of your foot somewhere in my house…or did I give that back to you? Hope the salad was delicious. Can’t wait to see your new house. You amaze me. Talk to you soon.
I enjoyed reading about the good things that are happening right now and loved seeing photos of your “new” house in Olympia. I look forward to seeing it, and you, later in the year. Keep your chin up. Pretty soon there will be more weeks behind you than ahead. You, Baby Jane, and family continue to be in my prayers. Marilyn
Just have to say- Rachelle it is time to throw that black gross nail away! Andrea- does your teapot heat water and then do you prefer teabags or loose leaf- just in case the post will also deliver to the hospital room and not just amazon. Love you! Way to keep looking at the bright side.