And just like that, soup season is upon us. On Sunday I got home from the shop and we had plenty of leftovers sitting around but really, I just felt like soup. So I whipped up some Carrot-Coconut soup with some of the stock I made last week. So satisfying. And so, here are the eleven soup recipes I keep returning to again and again. Jane loves all of these. Cate, none of these.
- Carrot-Coconut Soup [from BA]
Double this one and use any hot stuff you have on hand – I usually use sriracha.
- Curried Lentil Soup [from Molly Wizenberg]
- French Onion Soup [from The Week]
- Leek Potato Soup [from Dorie Greenspan]
Use more potato than listed; truffle oil is a necessity.
- New England Clam Chowder [from Epicurious]
- Orzo Soup with Greens & Turkey Meatballs [from Epicurious]
The girls help me with the meatballs and any green is good from spinach to kale.
- Parsnip & Pear Soup [Alexandra’s Kitchen]
- Slow Cooker Winter Squash Soup with Curry & Coconut Milk [from Coffee in the Woodshed]
Always add lentils and there’s no reason this *has* to be done in a slow cooker.
- Squash Soup [from Molly Wizenberg]
- Vegetable & Pearl Barley Soup [from Molly Wizenberg]
- White Bean & Chicken Chili [from BA]